Membership

Core Ventrilo

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Caverie

re: neone still alive zomgz?! aion?

just wanted to say hi to cobra.. r about check up on u guys... whats this i hear about the guild falling apart? makes me sad .. newaiz.... ne of you still stuck together and maybe playing aion?! lemme kno

much cavie love

hi Cav <3

I dunno about Aion, but Heineken, Whiteshift and I are playing EVE, with ambitions toward SW:TOR as soon as it comes out.

WARRIORS FOREVER
-Safo-

Sup Cav and Narthos.

EvE eh? I never could get into that game for too long hehe.. but, yeah SW: TOR is the game alot are waiting for.

For Cav: Me, Casca, Ashnod, Magnavox are playing Aion together on Lumiel. (Brickhowse is playing too but, taking a RL break to study some cert shit.)

I know that Urahana, Ooka, Azazael and maybe someone else are playing Aion over on Zikel.

Poler was playing with us over on Lumiel but, I have no idea wtf he went..
Narthos

Whiteshift (henceforth named as Eric because that other one takes too long to type) and I are going to try out Star Trek Online for our PvP fix as well. We both opted into the beta, waiting to see when that gets rolling.

WARRIORS FOREVER
-Safo-

STO for PvP, lolwut?

If you want spaceship pvp just stick with EvE hehe..

Tho, I'd like to hear your thoughts on STO if you get in to the beta.
corranhorn

OMG Cav where u been. still playing on and off when my net let's me. so I've been trying to find anime to watch. finished Gundam Seed and Destiny. Point me to new Stuff

well, there's a difference between coming into EVE 5 years after the fact and trying to be competitive in PvP with infinite scaling, and running around as a Klingon in a new game just raising hell and mowing down clueless mofos. I miss doing that in WoW, EVE doesn't spawn many idiots to own carelessly.

WARRIORS FOREVER
-Safo-

I'm thinking of maybe Jumpgate or Black Prophecy for my Space pewpew pvp needs, because it'll be in the cockpit old style wing commander pewpew.. and even have teh option to fly with Newtonian Physics on which is the pimp!
Narthos

If they ever come out with free trials of Aion I'll check it out. I miss you all <3

WARRIORS FOREVER
Old_Man_Istvan

Yeah I am not "playing" anything atm, but when I do get a few moments I try to get some carnage in. Here's the Brick Rundown on what Ive tried and what you wanna know without spending any money ;)

Aion- Its a solid modern style MMO with all the fixings. Its not cheap, its a quality product and plays beautifully. Every decision in the games course is done with PvP being the most important thing. End game cannot take place WITHOUT PvP. However, it is nothing new, youve seen it all before and can be a tad "grindy" which you may like or dislike. Since actual war and controlling fortresses and key positions IS the game, it has a VERY strong endgame.

Champions- Character generator second to none, hella fun to play, some indications of cheap design, doesnt feel as "tight" as WoW or Aion, but still ALOT of fun. Devs make nub mistakes constantly, this includes not cancelling account of people whove actually stopped paying.... not kidding. No end game, should have been a single player.

Draconia- Free to download, free to play. If you can stand cute anime, this game ROCKS. Its an MMO, but its also... Double Dragon? Yup, you literally run to right and fight like any side scroll beat em up. This includes double tapping to run, jumping and combining keys to jump-kick etc. It is an eastern game so it follows eastern "job" builds where your class branches off into promotions. I was a Magician, at 20 I would have been able to choose between Priest or Battlemage etc. The items are interesting, there is crafting, and you can chose to invest time and resources into just about any item to improve it. It multiplayer, online, fun, and did I mention fun? AND FREE!

BRODERLANDS!!!!- HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! 2K games are my newest hero (Bethesda being my last). I cant believe they made it, a FPS Diablo game. And YES thats what it is, it is NOT some cheap piece of Hellgate crap, nope, its a REAL shooter, you actually AIM. It runs off the Unreal Engine and more than that? It practically IS Unreal. It moves like Unreal, it shoots like Unreal, the vehicles drive like Unreal. Its Unreal with XP loot and talents. The Talents are useful and its difficult to chose between them, the loot system can spit out LITERALLY millions of guns. And theyre not cheap knockoffs either, hell we found a pistol last night that fires in bursts. The stats on the gun can be ANYTHING, time between rounds, reolad time, recoil, hell ZOOM MAGNIFICATION! Yes you can actually find yourself saying "Dude, I just found a badass rifle with 5.2X Zoom... this is awesome". They solve the FPS/MMO combat accuracy problem this way. You MUST aim, as far as I can tell there is no crit chance, you must strike blows on the creatures weakspot to score a critical hit. For instance when the wasteland dog things open thier mouth, you pop em. And for basic raiders, its of course the headshot. I think its amazing, Natty wont accept anything less than great for a shooter and HE loves it. Im tellin you its not some cheap knockoff FPS/RPG, its the real deal. I cant believe someone actually did it right... I'm so happy... and sad.... CAUSE I CANT PLAY IT LIKE CRAZY....

...Stupid Studying......

Anyways.. hope that helps :P
Gonza!

Brickhowse wrote:

BRODERLANDS!!!!- HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! 2K games are my newest hero (Bethesda being my last). I cant believe they made it, a FPS Diablo game. And YES thats what it is, it is NOT some cheap piece of Hellgate crap, nope, its a REAL shooter, you actually AIM. It runs off the Unreal Engine and more than that? It practically IS Unreal. It moves like Unreal, it shoots like Unreal, the vehicles drive like Unreal. Its Unreal with XP loot and talents. The Talents are useful and its difficult to chose between them, the loot system can spit out LITERALLY millions of guns. And theyre not cheap knockoffs either, hell we found a pistol last night that fires in bursts. The stats on the gun can be ANYTHING, time between rounds, reolad time, recoil, hell ZOOM MAGNIFICATION! Yes you can actually find yourself saying "Dude, I just found a badass rifle with 5.2X Zoom... this is awesome". They solve the FPS/MMO combat accuracy problem this way. You MUST aim, as far as I can tell there is no crit chance, you must strike blows on the creatures weakspot to score a critical hit. For instance when the wasteland dog things open thier mouth, you pop em. And for basic raiders, its of course the headshot. I think its amazing, Natty wont accept anything less than great for a shooter and HE loves it. Im tellin you its not some cheap knockoff FPS/RPG, its the real deal. I cant believe someone actually did it right... I'm so happy... and sad.... CAUSE I CANT PLAY IT LIKE CRAZY....

...Stupid Studying......

Anyways.. hope that helps :P

Went to buy that on Tuesday after work, but they were all out. I was sad.

Also, waiting for Dragon Age: Origins to come out on Nov 3rd. Shit is going to be sick.

Old_Man_Istvan

Gonza if you pick it up on 360 post Tag. Natty Nikimi and I are rockin it
-Safo-

Yeah.. Borderlands for the PC doesn't come out for a couple more days.. *fuck you Console bitches!*

And hell yeah.. Dragon Age is going to be pimptastic.. can not wait.

Man I dunno what I'm going to do trying to keep up in Aion when I have DA and Borderlands sucking up my time.
Gonza!

Brickhowse wrote:
Gonza if you pick it up on 360 post Tag. Natty Nikimi and I are rockin it

triple6justis

is my xbox tag :D

Naidira

Champs is fun, but it really is rather lacking in content at the moment, and in constant fluctuation. Patches constantly come off the PTS with known, power-crippling bugs that persist for weeks at a time.

IMO, check it out in two to three months when it's actually done.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Core Forum Index -> Cobra All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: