Membership

Core Ventrilo

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Old_Man_Istvan

re: Grats on #4 Horde Guild COBRA

It appears Wowjutsu finally caught up. The only people who have done more than us have 3 years of raiding experience behind them, with each other that is. The names have changed but the groups remain somewhat similar.

So basically, we came up as close as humanly possible to those people in what? A handful of months?

Seriously, pat yourself on the back, buy yourself a beer. You done good Happy

Hail COBRA baby

Forum Image

"No more limp-wrist bullshit!" -The Captain
"Zombies will haul ass at your face!" -The Captain
Casca554

Wowjutsu just updated. We went from 21 to 14 on the realm rank. Not bad. Happy

COBRA_Demetrious

I was busy recovering from trash pulls last night to bother paying particular attention, but what was up with the douche saying we only got X far because we recruited from Y guild?

I remembered the message, but not the details.

Anyway, our progress is very respectable and we've come a long way in a very short time in comparison to other guilds on this server.

/salute and HAIL COBRA

-DeMJ

It’s true. Cobra’s progression is in part due to the fact that people from other guilds joined the team. Hrm, how is this different from any other raiding guild in the world?

Meh, a guy from Muryans was saying that. Some people in struggling guilds hate to see progress of younger guilds. It’s definitely frustrating to see a new group blow by you in progression. It will be very difficult for Muryans to ever be a top raiding guild purely because they have fairly strict rules in regards to language and conversation topics; hence, many excellent raiders can’t or won’t raid with them.
Narthos

yeah that was Baingar from Muryans. Started out as a friendly exchange of sunwell progress, and then I said "who knows, at this rate we might even pass up you guys and some of the top 3 in the xpac ;D" and he responded " no you won't, we're better"... which I followed with "but we caught up to you guys in a matter of months, and we're the fastest progressed guild Horde side". the response: "No you're not. You never caught up to us cause you didn't kill vashj/kael pre-patch, and besides, you only got this far because you got people from insidious."

just frustrated or in a bad mood is my guess, I aint scared. only person we ever recruited from Insidious that actually raids is me...
Narthos

also, @ casca: my old roommate has the shirt of the shark/gorilla. it's pretty awesome.
Casca554

Narthos wrote:
also, @ casca: my old roommate has the shirt of the shark/gorilla. it's pretty awesome.

I need to get one of those!

Jedimike
Officer

Narthos wrote:
"you only got this far because you got people from insidious."

This is such a retarded thing to say. I guess he assumes every guild aside from COBRA just grows their own raiders from scratch.

They might have been Insidious before but they're all COBRA now, bitch.

Last edited by Jedimike on 2008/10/31 11:44; edited 1 time in total

COBRA!

Because CAPS make us better!

-DeMJ

Considering how many alliance guilds we have passed along the way, I think we could easily argue that we are the fastest progressing Cenarius guild. I don't see any alliance names up over us that weren't there already.

This post was much longer, but I figured the rant about X and Y wasn't worth it.

Kawa wrote:
Considering how many alliance guilds we have passed along the way, I think we could easily argue that we are the fastest progressing Cenarius guild. I don't see any alliance names up over us that weren't there already.

This post was much longer, but I figured the rant about X and Y wasn't worth it.

Your right it isnt, so I'll keep mine short. Fuck Baingar.

Ive spoken to the Muryans, defended them from forum troll attacks, and in return recived waves, salutes, and recruitment bumps to our own thread. I dont think Baingar speaks for them, in fact I can guarantee it. He knows what happened, and he can be upset about it all he wants. We fucked this place up, and come Xpac, we have just as legitimate shot as any of the top 3 of being the big dog. So ummmm

woof woof

Baingar seems to just be one of those kids who thinks they know better than everyone else, he very much had that same attitude during the pug Kael run that I put together before the patch.

I've got zero issues with most of the Muryans that I've come across. Definately a good group of folks from what I've seen. So I've got to agree that he dosen't speak for them and just has his epeen bruised a bit. Hopefully he'll get over it. If not, no biggie.
Narthos

it caught me off guard, hed always been quite civil before
TheInfamousBug

Despite Muryans having people like him in their guild, they've been as much of a class act as COBRA is. Many of their players are very good in both their play style as well as attitudes, save a few choice ones. In addition, they tend to act more mature (again, save a few choice ones) in and out of the game on the forums. I've always had a pleasurable experience with them, and don't see it changing because someone's just butt hurt he can't say his guid's doing this great and progressing this fast.

Either way, I say we let that comment go, and move forward with it. Many of the players here in COBRA are good at what they do, and do what they're good at - Having fun, killing things, and torturing each other!

~Larry "The Bug" Meyers
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Core Forum Index -> Cobra All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: