Membership

Core Ventrilo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old_Man_Istvan

re: LF Info (Priest)

This is NOT a fun post to type. But, if the changes to the Beta Paladin remain, I will NOT be playing Brickhowse. I can deal with everything from gear that doesnt make sense to low DPS, I cannot deal with being OOM in PvE and getting drained to impotence in PvP. It like playing someone in Street Fighter with a broken controller. Choice of moves has nothing to do with it, you cant even act if you want to, and not acting = not playing, not playing = not fun. It is apparently Return of the OOMadin.

So, that all goes through Im gonna be playing Istvan again, my priest. He is currently an Enchanter/Engineer. Does this help my cause more than other proffessions? If I go Inscriptionist, is the extra Glyph worth it to a priest? What new changes should I be aware of?

Ive had so much faith in what the devs have been telling us that I ignored my other characters and focused on Brick, so I may not be up on the obvious stuff.

I just hope they fix Paladins, again.... I wanna play Brick =(

Is Istvan a healer or a dps'er? If he's a dps'er, I know that Gnaj is practically creaming himself about all of the dps boosts that S. Priests are getting.....
Mystiah

Welcome to the priesthood brick! What spec will you be going for?

Forum Image
or
Forum Image
shadow with me??

As far as professions go, my JC/tailoring has been useful. Every class will benefit being a JC, and I think the same can be said about inscription.

As a tailor my shadow weave set was unmatched right up until badge gear came out. It could be worthwhile checking out the exp tailoring set to see how it compares with dungeon loot, if the info is available yet.

Gnaj

Shadow priests received a ton of huge buffs and huge nerfs for Wrath. The buffs/nerfs are DPS at the expense of utility. Shadow priest utility is pretty much total shit now, but our DPS is supposed to be on par with everyone else in the raid. From 2.4 to the release of Wrath, shadow priest will have had about a 50% DPS increase. Last week I achieved 1995 DPS on Teron and I’m still supposed to be getting another 20% dps buff in the next patch. The heath regen that a shadow priest provides will no longer be a legit raid healing ability and our mana regen utility is decent but can also be provided by ret paladins and mm hunters.

As far as professions are concerned it’s been shown that nearly all crafting professions will benefit a shadow priest equally. If anything is best I’d venture say that Jewel crafting is best in regards to DPS but I’m sure new revelations will come about when wrath is released. In regards to inscriptions, the current Glyphs for shadow priest are pretty shitty, but it’s been promised that we are getting another batch of DPS related glyphs with the release of Wrath. If this is true then inscriptions will become fairly valuable to a shadow priest. Glyphs for PVP are really good at the moment. The PvP related glyphs might make a shadow priest a viable arena class. Of course tailoring is still one of the most common professions for cloth wearersnmostly because we get a lot of patterns early on which give us a nice jump into raid quality epics. Also, many of the best items in the game are tailored items, but they are far less common than the early patterns.

What I intend to do: I’m planning on dropping enchanting for Inscriptions. Enchanting has never been profitable and only provides a small buff for priests. I imagine that the extra glyph will eventually be a significant buff for both PvP and PvE. Also, the cloak enchant is quite nice. I expect inscriptions to be a somewhat profitable skill.
Old_Man_Istvan

Thanks!

Yeah I am undecided. I dont know if I wanna be Shadow and continue my DPS tirade, or if I wanna bite the bullet and go Disc for the sake of COBRA. Dont get me wrong I LOVE Disc, just healing, meh, not so much.

However if I understand this right, I'll only need 1 set of gear right? Since SPellpower is both I could just swap from Disc to Shadow. Although I'll have to pick something for raiding :P

The difference between healing and dps gear for priests (And I'm sure there are gonna be more differences than just this one) will be in the hit rating. I'm not sure how important crit is/will be for Disc priests, but talking with Gnaj, it's gonna be huge for Shadow.
Gnaj

Discipline looks to be what I would consider the most fun healing class/spec in the game. Heal output will be less than other heal classes but they have a shit load of cool abilities. The combination of tank buffs, DPS buffs and other cool abilities make it one of the few healing specs that isn’t 100% wack a mole. Discipline priests are all about reducing damage taken while helping DPSers bust a nut. While leveling I intend to spend a lot of time healing instances as discipline priest, assuming I get to float between two specs right from the start.

For gear you will be able to share a lot of gear between a DPS and healing spec but there are significant differences between shadow priest gear and healer gear. DPS gear will utilize a lot of spell hit while spell hit is irrelevant for healing. Also, shadow priest don’t care much about spirit while spirit remains one of the best stats for a healing priest. If you have excellent DPS gear you will have good healing gear; however, excellent healing gear won’t necessarily mean you have good DPS gear due to the severe lack of spell hit. Spell hit is by far the most important stat for any DPS caster class who intends to raid. It must be capped or DPS will suffer greatly.

Crit is actually much more important for healers as of patch 3.x. For shadow priest the value of crit has improved by about 300% but it still remains one of our weaker stats when compared to spell power and haste. A majority of our DPS improvements are a result of the increased value of crit. As of the next patch crit will greatly increase shadow priest dot spells (25% crit = Dot damage increased by 25%) Vamperic Touch will tick for 2000dmg per tick. Mindflay now crits. Lastly, the crit modifier is improved to 200% compared to the old modifier of 150%. At level 70 crit will be nearly equal to haste, but at level 80 the value of crit takes a pretty big dive until absurd amounts of spell power are obtained. As spell power increases the value of crit improves.

I’m sure I could ramble on forever. In short, shadow priests are a completely different animal that has very little resemblance to BC shadow priests apart from looking like a purple pigpen.
Jeta1

I'm actually really regretting that I never leveled a priest. It will probably be one of my goals in Wrath. Disc looks like it would be alot fun to play.
Casca554

Forum Image

When do SPs get to shoot mind flay from their eyes?

"No more limp-wrist bullshit!" -The Captain
"Zombies will haul ass at your face!" -The Captain
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Core Forum Index -> Cobra All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: